Neeraj Bhatia is a travel freak turned entrepreneur who hails from Punjab. He started his career as a Banker for 7 years and then moved on to choose his passion as his career. He is currently the CEO and Founder of Triportrap.com; a Travel Planning and UGC based travelling website.
We got in conversation with Neeraj about his new venture. Here are the excerpts from the interview
G (Geeks): Tell us about your venture-TriporTrap. How did you come up with this idea?
N (Neeraj): TripOrTrap.com is an online travel information website which assists travellers on Destinations to choose, places to visit, tips for convenience via blogs, travelogues, forum & discussion Boards and providing platform to post Hotel reviews and opinions related to their travel experience. TripOrTrap.com was founded on 3rd March, 2013
The concept of “Try before you buy” doesn’t apply to the Travel sector as everything takes place for the first time. If you are going to an unfamiliar place, you will definitely be skeptical regarding the services offered at the hotel where you will be staying during the trip. Your entire holiday can go in vain if the services do not match up to the expenses involved.
Traditionally, India loves to consult for any decision with family, peers or relatives. Be its admission to a particular college or watching a movie. Online Travel Review Websites helps to garner a view about a property without biases and prejudice and the reviews and advices given by real time travellers help people forming an opinion about any particular destination or hotel property. That’s the major inspiration behind start-up of this website “Travel planning is the most essential thing which our country needs because no demo, no trial packs are available to make sure one gets the optimum value out of trip each time”.
G: What do you and your team tend to achieve through this online platform?
N: The main Idea of Tripor Trap is to provide an online platform for the readers and reviewers to co-habitat and rank & review any Destination, location or property with a fair and honest way.
This Website will act as a tool to help all the strata involved through three different ways.
1. The growth of platforms like this is helpful for the readers so as to plan the trip with helpful resources and in advance detailing barring the haphazard decision or trip planning based on instincts or intuition.
2. It is helpful for the Property owners as they can get the honest reviews fulfilling the true meaning of hospitality and feedbacks without any prejudice or malice towards anyone.
3. This is also beneficial for the overall growing tourism industry. More the people will interact more it will cause revenue for the Industry and also will help this Service Industry reliable, efficient and of International Standards.
Team Behind Triportrap:-
- Team behind TripOrTrap
G: So, How was this baby born? What was the motivation to start such a platform?
N: Travel Reviews Space is very niche segment and still infancy stage in Indian Market (as we saw latest success story of zomato in restaurant space) and there were the sites only digging the hotel booking area but neglecting overall travelling experience of Indian traveller who recently have started exploring this vast land of our country. Sites who are in this business are like information jungle without any clear UI and also has look and feel of cloned version of other group sites offshore. So, we planned to start a hotel and destination review website with the aim to save travellers from the traps/wrong doings and Wrong commitment made by middle players for selling any hotel room with many promises.
“Travel planning is the most essential thing which our country needs because no demo, no trial packs are available to make sure one gets the optimum value out of trip each time”.
Hotel reviews are made by real travellers for the real travellers so, the real reviews help people to find out /nail the hotel best suited to their needs. Since, we believe that travelling is only segment where there is no ‘try-before-buy’, if people plan their trip based on reviews; it mitigate the chances of impulsive and instinctive choices
G: There are other players already in this segment. What do you think about this competition?
N: Rather than competition we mark other players in this niche segment as “Demand enhancing platforms”. This niche segment has not got as much of Indian travelling and general public as compared to other segments of this domain. Whereas, OTAs are having a strong hold, travel review has not been considered as the prima facie of travel planning process.
We have a vision whereas website like ours will help to create demand for real traveler’s content and firsthand experiences. Other players in this segment such as Trip advisor India and HolidayIQ.com are forces which are acting as market expansion on YOY basis, of this infant section.
G: Could you share some of the unique features of this online platform?
- UI: – we have a clutter free, conducive and more user friendly interface so it gives the opportunity to the users to dig deep rather than pushing them into information maze.
- Market infancy: – The area, quite frankly, has not been explored in detail. Approx 137 mil internet users, the opportunity to reach out to the wider audience is there and we could help to satisfy the customer with real facts and wider view about the destination/property rather than making India only “Cost based booking” culture
- Fresh Content: – The content of the website is conducive and very informative. Various aspects of any property (no. Of rooms, services/amenities available, booking availability) has made users very informative in advance so they come back for more.
G: TriporTrap is the new kid on the block, what are your future plans for this venture?
N: We want ourselves established as a Brand with the mirror image of traveller’s choice and recommendation. Specifically, we want to integrate Business enterprise solutions to our site whereas giving voice the hotel/property owners of Tier III or low cities to manage and promote their properties and indirectly giving them chance to provide digital platform to earn more revenue and better service. Also, to add various features like Distance calculator, Destination guides, mobile apps are also in the agenda.
We are looking for the enhancements and new additions to our portfolio and host of other services. Since it’s a bootstrap start-up, we will leverage on enhancements when we perceive that funding is impending the growth.
We have a strong robust system of rating and ranking. On Prima facie hotels are ranked based on Quality feature (Quality Of Sleep, Quality Of Service, Quality Of Housekeeping, Quality Of Hospitality, Quality Of Amenities), Time of stay and Quantity of review received for a particular property. We have incorporated Algorithm which help us to provide ‘Wisdom of crowd’ Rating to each property
We hope you enjoyed the interview. Do check out TriporTrap and let us know in the comments what you feel about the website
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- 10 Goals You Should Have For Your Business - January 3, 2018
- What you need to know about NFC and How does it work? - December 26, 2017
- Mota Chashma – Education Portal for Students and Parents - December 24, 2017