CityFALCON creates a level-playing field in financial news for ALL investors. They source and collate financial big data, and then using the power of social media and crowd curation, provide a comprehensive and timely resource for investors. They believe access to this data should be available to all who need it, not simply the institutions that can afford it, this is why CityFALCON is completely FREE for retail investors. CityFALCON was awarded as 1st Runner-up at Twitter’s global startup competition in San Francisco.Their overall mission at CityFALCON is to help average risk-taking people generate higher than inflation returns on their money.
This London based startup is founded by Ruzbeh Bacha. Ruzbeh has 10+ years of investing and trading experience. He has worked in strategy and finance roles with KPMG, Nokia, Microsoft and Skype. He also contributes to Seeking Alpha and provides advice and invests in other startups. He is a qualified accountant (ACA), has an MBA from University of Oxford, and can develop scalable web applications. In his spare time, he enjoys sports and dancing – Tennis, Table Tennis, Cricket, Latin dancing.
They rate financial tweets, authors and urls and provide each of them with CityFALCON Score. This score is based on three levels of curation:
- Automated curation (our proprietary algorithm,
- Scalable curation by internal analysts,
- Crowd curation. Tens of thousands of users in the crowd can make better sense of data compared to by a few hundred people employed in contact centres by our competitors.
They’ve received several awards:
- Runner-up at Twitter’s global start-up competition at their HQ in San Francisco
- Won “The Next Big Idea in FinTech” award from the Canadian government
- Founder, Ruzbeh Bacha, has been nominated as Great Britain start-up entrepreneur of the year
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- $5.5 Billion Invested in Indian Tech Startups in First Half of 2017 - August 17, 2017
- 5 Steps to the Growth & Popularity of Your Business - August 9, 2017
- 5 Must know Legal Aspects For A Startup In India - July 12, 2017