Migfunder is a crowdfunding platform, aimed primarily at funding migrant start-ups, as well as development projects, humanitarian initiatives and research projects focusing on migrant and refugee communities, worldwide. It uses the power of the internet and social media to spread the word about projects and generate funding from backers both large and small to make the difference.
Migfunder is currently the only crowdfunding platform that is dedicated solely to campaigns in the field of migration, refugees and human rights initiatives worldwide. The company was founded only a few months ago and it is already hosting campaigns from high profile organizations in this sector, such as the International Organization for Migration (IOM), Doctors of the World, the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS) and others. While the current level of donations is low, the company expects the platform to reach some critical mass gradually over the next 12 months.
This London based Startup was launched by three European professionals, two of whom have been working in the field of migration and refugee policy for over 25 years, both in Government and in research and consultancy. The Trio launched this crowdfunding solution early 2016, following the realisation that there was no crowdfunding platform on the market catering for campaigns in the field of migration, refugees and human rights, despite the growing migrant crisis in Europe and other parts of the world. While relying on yearly contributions from Governments and large donors for their regular activities, agencies and organizations working in the field of migration and refugee affairs are increasingly faced with a lack of funds to support unexpected (usually emergency and humanitarian) activities. This is the gap Migfunder aims to fill.
Migfunder primarily caters for:
- Migrants looking to create (or grow) their businesses abroad or in their countries of origin
- Migrant organisations, public agencies (including international organisations), NGOs and individuals looking to launch a development or humanitarian initiative in support of migrant and refugee communities worldwide
- Academics and think tanks looking to fund a new research project in this area.
Putting up a project on Migfunder is free. The company does not charge unless the Project reaches or exceeds the Funding Target. In that case, the company deducts 5% of the Total Pledges received from Backers for your Project
The Migfunder initiative is an excellent opportunity that aims to support funding campaigns and initiatives for migrant communities, migrant organisations, public agencies (including international organisations) and NGOs supporting such communities.
If you have such a project, head on the MigFunder and put up your project as well.
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- Track a phone like real James Bond - October 18, 2016
- Lyreka music platform helps you to discover and share the meanings of Songs - October 6, 2016
- MobiCommerce helps building Mobile App for eCommerce Stores in just 4 steps - October 1, 2016