Mindlogr (formerly DiaryMemo) is a way for people to record their thoughts so that they can learn, grow and effectively give more meaning in their lives. The platform encourages users to express themselves through video for private use. Primarily a life logging platform, Mindlogr aims to be the center of the life logging movement by adding a qualified angle to the quantified data which is already being gathered by other life logging devices and apps such as MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, Withings, Nike Fuelband to name just a few. Video entries are made directly through the webcam without the need to record and upload, which reduces the barrier to entry for people who do understand the basics of online video uploading. Entries can then be tagged to allow future searchability, and also privately shared if required. Although videos are by default completely private, Mindlogr also has a private share facility to allow users to share explicitly with people via an email and a video password.The other features of the system include the ability to appoint a custodian, setting preferences for reminders and also some customization of design features, also known as skins.
Some of the potential benefits of the Mindlogr:
- Greater personal success in every area of your life.
- A simple way to record your video log that is quicker than writing or typing.
- Letting go of your daily concerns allows you to sleep more restfully.
- Video logs are 10x more effective for peace of mind than writing because you are verbalizing your thoughts.
- Increase in happiness from recording a daily entry.
- Confidence and clarity about your life goals.
- Better communication skills
- Recording a personal history for future generations to see.
- Telling your true story in your own words, rather than leave future generations to interpret your life through other media.
Mindlogr will also log other information (with user permission), such as weather, fitness and health (via API to platforms like Fitbit and Nike+ Fuelband), and other extra information such that when looking back at past videos, they become even more useful as a complete life logging tool.
Mindlogr was founded in Oct 2012 by Eddie Yu and it was founded as a spark of an idea when he decided to figure a way to record his journal faster, and in a more fun way and video came to his mind which eventually led to the birth of Mindlogr. Eddie being into digital marketing is also the author of the book “Speedlights & Elephants”.
Currently the revenue is a freemium model where a premium account entitles the user for more features and longer recording times per month.
Feel free to create your own video with Mindlogr.
Geekopedia wishes Mindlogr all the best for future endeavours
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- Track a phone like real James Bond - October 18, 2016
- Lyreka music platform helps you to discover and share the meanings of Songs - October 6, 2016
- MobiCommerce helps building Mobile App for eCommerce Stores in just 4 steps - October 1, 2016