MyHashApp is a hyperlocal social platform that allows you to connect with people and services around you using hashtags.Hashtags have been used actively on various social platform APIs and the use has been increasing extensively. It is undoubtedly true that Hashtags are a powerful tool of categorization which comes naturally to users in today’s life.Hence, the HASH team started coming up with ideas as to how to utilize Hashtags in as much uses possible. It all began as a fun project when a simple Hashtag based jukebox was built. It would fetch tweets from twitter for #SongRequest and played the songs in real-time using YouTube API. The entire HASH office loved the use of this jukebox concept.It further gave rise to similar ideas and inspired the team to develop more such project by using Hashtags.Restricting the jukebox functionality to a desired limit (say 200 meters), the same concept could be used in pubs, restaurants etc.It paved the way Hashtags can be used as a medium of categorized communication among strangers, a medium for content sharing and organizing our stuff.
MyHashApp is co-founded by Vishwesh Shetty and Alazhar Kapadia. They feel their USP is the ability to provide people a platform where people can strike up a conversation with anyone around or within their local area without sharing any personal information.Their vision for this startup is to create a strong local connected community where people can interact with each other in their areas and share a strong bond with each other. People in their areas can come together and solve their issues and help each other out in different ways.Along with this they can also use this platform as way to come together and celebrate festivals and have local community meetings to know your area better.
Some of the features of the MyHashApp are as listed below:
- NEAR BY – Connect with people and local services around you without sharing your personal details.
- MESSAGES – Strike a conversation with people around you one on one.
- GROUP CHAT – Discover local trends,engage in local conversations and share your experiences with people around you.
- OFFERS – Get latest offers and discounts from nearby shops, pubs and restaurants.
MyHashApp revenue would majorly be based on Ads. These Ads would be of two types. One would be generic interest based derived from hashtags users follow, the other one would be the Local Ads. Hash will open up a new market for Local Ads which would redefine Advertising. It would provide a platform for entities/local-services to reach to the Audience who are actually around them who could be their potential customers.
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- 5 must watch Web series on Woman’s Day - March 8, 2017
- Cashback & Deal Discovery platform PaisaWapas is now available on App - March 6, 2017
- Mumbai based startup ToGo is social carpooling mobile app - March 5, 2017