NewsDistill is a startup developing a news aggregator platform, headquartered in Hyderabad, India. It is a News and Media platform that renders latest news of India and rest of the world to the users at a glance.
With innovative algorithms, artificial intelligence, machine learning and very deep analytics, the company offers ‘News in a moment, at a glance’ to its users. And all this in English, Hindi and several other regional languages like Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Tamil.
The users can personalise their feeds and choose the genres and the sources based on their tastes and preferences. Even if you do not have an account, the homepage of the website is so informative that you will just fall in love with the amount of news available at one place at a single point in time.
Being a vivid news reader himself, Narasimha,Founder, NewsDistill, always went back and forth from multiple news websites to several news apps on his mobile phone. Furthermore, for each Genre, he had his personal biases towards certain news sources just as we all have our own personal choices for the different news publishers.
He said, “I always wished that the related articles from different sources were grouped together at one place for me to read and compare. And all my personal preferences like news from different Genres from different sources were all organized at one place. How awesome would that be! How much time would that save me!”
This one thought gave inception to the idea of NewsDistill. After talking about the idea to many of his friends and Editors and CEOs’ of a lot of newspapers, the foundation was laid.
The Core Team
Narasimha Reddy is the CEO and Founder. He is a genius in technology and is naturally gifted with talent and very hardworking. He cofounded the company with his close friend, Vamsi who is the Co-Founder and Director of NewsDistill. He is a close adviser to Narasimha and has been always with him since the beginning. They are supported by Bhaskar Reddy, Vice President and Kalyan Srinivas, Director. Bhaskar heads the marketing department and Kalyan leads the team at offshore as the founders live in the US.
Story so far
The app was officially launched on 2nd Dec. 2015, which was inaugurated by Mr. KTR (Kalvakuntla Taraka Ramarao) the IT & Panchayat Raj Minister for the state of Telangana and Mr. Jayesh Ranjan IAS secretary of the stat for IT industry.
It is backed by excellent revenue model and funding from investors. As per the company, so far the app resembles only about 5% of the their long term vision. They are looking to integrate 30+ amazing unique features making it the best news app every user would look up to. They will also launch it on IOS and other platforms in couples of week.
The company plans to have all Indian news papers and news channels on their platform by the end of 2016.
“Our aim is to become No 1 news aggregator in India by the end of 2018 and Top 5 news aggregator in the world by the end of 2018”, added Narasimha
Why try NewsDistill
Here’s some of the unique features that would tempt you to try this latest news aggregator platform-
- You’ll be on top of all the hot news from any location, source and language with just a glance at the home page.
- With the latest news section, you’ll never miss an update by getting minute to minute news updates
- You can also compare news from different sources. News articles and videos from various sources on the same topic are grouped to provide all the information in one shot. Also, you can compare the same topic from diverse sources at one place that beguiles your experience to a different level.
- You have Quick filters with which you see only the news that you require, be it Country, State or even Language specific
- And finally, You can add the topics of your interest in preferences to get personalized news alerts.
we have already installed the app and it looks beautiful. You should try it too. Android users can download from the link below. Apple users might have to wait for a couple of weeks. But they can always try the website
Latest posts by Akash Boaz (see all)
- HR Tech & Analytics Platform, Darwinbox, Raises Capital from Multiple Funds Including Mohandas Pai’s 3one4 - July 27, 2016
- Hyderabad based NewsDistill announces the first personalized news player in the world - July 21, 2016
- Bangalore based Home rental startup Zenify raises $1mn in funding - May 11, 2016