Group texting is a nightmare when you are trying to make plans with friends and wonder if there is end to this nightmare and have we found a solution to this yet? Enter nuF. nuF is a collective planning app that tackles the hassles involved with group activities, making it fun and interactive to organize and participate in events from start to finish.
nuF helps rally your friends for activities. Spend less time deciding and more time doing.
- Create events. Search and select from top-rated places based on location and venue type. Enter some event details and let the fun begin.
- Assemble groups. Invite friends, family, coworkers, or even a date. Allow your invitees to also invite people…or keep it intimate, it’s up to you. We call it pro-choice.
- Cast votes. Have invitees vote on where to go and let us figure out the rest. No need to thank us, we’re just here to help.
- Post away. Communicate with invitees for every one of your events. Chitter-chatter, jabber, gabble, babble- whatever you call it, you can do it.
nuF is a play on the phrase “enough is enough,” which is how most people feel when trying to plan a group event via text message (group chat). The word nuF also spells “fun” backwards, which is the fundamental element we have gone after from the very beginning of creating the app.
About the Team
nuF app is the brain child of four founders. Brandon Schechter (Co-Founder/CEO),who has been involved in the intersection of computer science and human behavior for more than 10 years. Lane Schechter (Co-Founder/COO), who is an experienced marketer and program manager. Christian Koch (CTO), who is a systems engineer with 12+ years of experience in technical planning, project management and development. And lastly, Uno Jüngling-Colic (CDO) who has 12+ years experience designing digital user experiences, products and services.
Together they found nuF in July 2015 and put and end to the planning nightmare.
The Roadmap Ahead
nuF has done an angel round for an undisclosed amount and is currently seeking a seed round as it builds traction. The app is a free download for now and the team is working on a revenue plan, some of which includes coupons/deals and in-app ads.
Once the users have planned the activity, nuF drives social circles to venues based on group preferences. The team is currently underway with developing a fun and interactive way for its users to receive coupons/deals from various venues. And, it has also begun discussing venue advertisements specifically tailored for group preferences. But not to worry, the team assures that the app will not have the typical method of placing an “ad” at the top of your venue search list.
nuF app stands out from the other apps as there are no other group organization apps that allows groups to vote on where they want to go. The founders see the nuF app being the hub for all things social in the near future. At the very least, the team envisions nuF to be the new standard for planning and organizing your social schedule. Ultimately, nuF will be your social calendar, reinvented!
Latest posts by Akash Boaz (see all)
- HR Tech & Analytics Platform, Darwinbox, Raises Capital from Multiple Funds Including Mohandas Pai’s 3one4 - July 27, 2016
- Hyderabad based NewsDistill announces the first personalized news player in the world - July 21, 2016
- Bangalore based Home rental startup Zenify raises $1mn in funding - May 11, 2016