Peer Hustle, an on-demand app for the sharing economy, recently announced the launch of its marketplace in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The new, free Peer Hustle Mobile app simplifies the process of becoming a local freelancer,and hiring local freelancers, by converting regular citizens into peer-to-peer micro-entrepreneurs within Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.In addition to helping peers quickly hire local freelancers in their local area based on skill sets,Peer Hustle also provides regular citizens everything needed to become freelancers inside one app,where they can receive short-term job offers based on their phones location.
The basic idea around Peer Hustle is that you have all these great local freelancers and regular citizens,with special skills and while more and more of them start to monetize their special skill sets,and become entrepreneurs, it’s still really difficult to start a freelance business,” said Ian Balina, Founder of Peer Hustle.“Sharing economy companies like Uber and AirBnB,allow people to make extra money on the side, by sharing their cars and homes,” said Balina.“Sharing economy companies are revolutionizing their industries because of their ability to harness the power of the average Joe and Jane next door.
Highlights of Peer Hustle’s platform’s innovation include:
Hybrid platform taking the best of remote and local platforms:
- Hire freelancers or receive job proposals in your local area based on skill sets
- Only compete with freelancers in your local area,not the entire world
- Ability to work remotely or in-person
- Work and/or hire remotely or in-person with other local freelancers
- In-app messaging, phone calls and video chat for real-time communication
- Hyper-local,similar to location based apps like Tinder, a freelancer’s location is based on their current phone’s location,not a physical address
- Real people, real names, not businesses or brick and mortars.
- Every freelancer’s price is publicly displayed to save the hassle of contacting numerous providers to receive price quotes.
- Similar to Uber, integrated payments, no need to handle payment processing outside the app.
- Timed deadlines for accepting and completing jobs.
- Jobs don’t start until escrow account is funded and payment only made when job meets client’s satisfaction.
- Every job done gets reviewed, no need to ask client for a review
- Every review is a paying customer.
- Social media integration–Built in functionality to promote to your social media channels.
Businesses are already posting more than 3 million freelance jobs and conducting 100 million searches annually on online freelancer platforms. Yet, nothing innovative has been done for mobile, which is the future. Peer Hustle will make hiring local freelancers near-instant, and provide a disruptive platform for aspiring freelancers to run a full-fledged freelancing business on their phone,” said Balina
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- Top 7 Courses To Pursue After Class 12th If You Love Medicine - June 28, 2017
- Mumbai’s #1 commercial real estate property site Jagaha completes one year - April 9, 2017
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Buy Android Phones - April 5, 2017