SchoolWiser, founded in 2015, was conceptualized as a platform to assist parents in Gurgaon to identify the best school for their children. Having shown phenomenal growth over merely three odd years, today SchoolWiser is one of the most popular school discovery platforms in many Indian cities. Countless parents seeking advice about schools frequent this platform. The portal provides all the relevant information with regard to selecting schools.
SchoolWiser has managed to establish a strong foothold across various cities, including Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Kolkata, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai. The rise in the number of schools in these cities has further given impetus to the platform.
The credit for discovering this amazing concept goes to Pooja Kedia, the founder of the platform. Pooja believes in ‘simplifying life’, as technology, for her, should progress such that it becomes a part of everyday life. She echoes Jenny Arledge’s thoughts that
“Technology can become the ‘wings’ that will allow the educational world to fly farther and faster than ever before – if we will allow it.”
Pooja has almost two decades of experience in strategic business enhancement in Media & Telecom companies, coupled with an extensive international exposure. She is a Six Sigma Black Belt. Her work kitty also boasts of employers like Bharti Airtel, Tesco Plc and British Sky Broadcasting. But the toughest role that she has played is that of a mother. She, too, has undergone grueling times trying to identify the right school for her children. Hence, SchoolWiser.
There are quite a few features that make this portal popular amongst parents.
- School Profiles with details of Infrastructure, curriculum, co-curricular, fee structure and much more
- SchoolWiser includes a unique element that sets it apart from its competitors; it shares Reviews by community members combined with actual data. First-hand information provided by its strong parent community further adds to its credibility.
- An Instant School Compare Tool to compare up to 4 schools, side by side. So, no more jumping from one page to the other; no scribbling down salient features of different schools. It helps a parent to identify various minute yet relevant details, which otherwise might have been overlooked while skimming through different websites.
- The Q&A section on the portal answers all school related queries of parents. These are provided by parents themselves and also by the SchoolWiser team.
Here is how it works for Parents:
- Parents just need to sign –up
- They then search for best schools as per their requirement. For instance, they can type in the name of the school and get a lowdown. Alternately, they can also search for schools in a specific locality
- The next step is to shortlist schools based on data like fee, infrastructure, board of education and so forth.
- Finally, they can connect with the respective schools.
The process is equally straightforward for schools to partner with SchoolWiser.
- The school needs to add itself to the SchoolWiser portal.
- It has to then provide all the requisite information and highlight its USP.
- Last but not the least, it needs to connect with parents who express interest in the school.
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- 10 Goals You Should Have For Your Business - January 3, 2018
- What you need to know about NFC and How does it work? - December 26, 2017
- Mota Chashma – Education Portal for Students and Parents - December 24, 2017