Donate Your Data helps advance health care, by letting people chip in with health data donations anonymously. Just as in donating blood, now people can donate their health data and help speed up many areas of medical research.
Some of the potential benefits of donating the health data are :
- Research : Help researchers find cures for diseases faster and make them more affordable.
- Clinical trials : Data can be used for clinical trials that will results in safer and more effective drugs for everyone.
- Healthcare providers : Healthcare providers will be able to detect diseases at early stages and treat patients early.
The DYD was founded in February 2015. They were looking for apps that would allow them to quickly jot things down, then help them to remember it. The best they could find was notepad apps. Therefore they decided to combine a notepad and flashcards, so one can learn day-to-day things in a simple UI.
The team founders are Tech enthusiasts, originally from Europe, living in California right now.They put a lot of emphasis on emerging markets, because that’s where the next 2 billion devices will come from. India is a big priority and currently one of their top 3 most engaged markets. They want users to contribute to the product, by nominating future features, so they can truly build something that the market wants. Currently the app is free for everyone. In the future they plan to monetize the service through premium features.
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- 5 must watch Web series on Woman’s Day - March 8, 2017
- Cashback & Deal Discovery platform PaisaWapas is now available on App - March 6, 2017
- Mumbai based startup ToGo is social carpooling mobile app - March 5, 2017