On one hand we have multiple tabs on the Finder, on the other hand we have multiple Finder windows. Put your hands together and baam! you get Commander One!
That’s right, Commander One is a dual pane, all in one solution for perfect file management. It has all standard features a file manager should have plus much more, like FTP and WebDav client, Archiver, Clouds connection, mount iOS and Android devices and much more.
In addition to the dual pane and tabs, you also get new keyboard shortcuts, a favourites menu and an easy toggle for revealing hidden files. The search also offers various search methods like spotlight search or search by file contents.
There is so much more about Commander One that can simplify your work routine:
– Archive and extract files and open ZIP as regular folders;
– Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders;
– Preview all types of files, including Hex and Binary, before opening them;
– Set up hotkeys for most frequently used operations;
– Use brief mode to see and manage many files at once;
– Get quick and easy access to the folders that are open or you use the most through History and Favorites;
– Process viewer;
– Detect over the network and conveniently list computers that use NetBIOS protocol;
– Select the program to open the file using ‘Open with’ in main menu – File or via the context menu.
– Use it as an FTP Client
Also, in the latest update a lot of features were added, like Amazon S3, OneDrive mount, WebDav support and more
Commander One was launched in 2015 by Eltima Software. Eltima Software is a global software Development Company, specializing primarily in serial communication, mobile and flash software for Mac OS and Windows. Eltima Software delivers top-notch solutions having a friendly team of 40 professionals.
Commander One is available free of cost on the Mac App store. It also has PRO version now available via in-app purchase. This PRO Pack has its extra benefits that include built-in FTP client; ability to mount MTP and iOS devices; RAR, TBZ, TGZ, 7z formats support; Dropbox integration; Terminal emulator and more.
We have tried the App ourselves and its safe to say it has taken a permanent position in our dock (just next to finder). Navigating to several windows simultaneously feels better than navigating to several tabs, and thats where Commander One steals the show. We recommend the app to high activity users who need to switch from one window to another.
To sum up in one line, Commander one is a neat and powerful alternative to Finder.
Download it now from the link below
Latest posts by Akash Boaz (see all)
- HR Tech & Analytics Platform, Darwinbox, Raises Capital from Multiple Funds Including Mohandas Pai’s 3one4 - July 27, 2016
- Hyderabad based NewsDistill announces the first personalized news player in the world - July 21, 2016
- Bangalore based Home rental startup Zenify raises $1mn in funding - May 11, 2016