MakeAppIcon is an icon resized app that helps designers, developers and project managers make and resize icons for iOS and Android apps. It is optimises your app icon designs automatically, and generates icons of all sizes you need before you submit your applications to app stores.
Makeappicon is powered by Oursky, a young and creative team based in Hong Kong who develop with passion.
One of our mantras is “rather than repeating boring and hideous tasks, always find ways to automate them” — that’s how we first created MakeAppIcon, because we had to spend time on resizing icons for each device.
The MakeAppIcon team is a very small team under Oursky and everyone is multifunctional, be it a product manager, a developer or even a content manager.
MakeAppIcon was launched way back in late 2012 and it’s started off as a private project solely for internal use because resizing was one of the most common tasks of the company’s each projects. Post creating of the app, the team was unaware of the potential in the product. After the app launch, the app team started getting emails requesting for a desktop version that is easily available and faster to use. Thus MakeAppIcon desktop app was launched for mac.
it started as a service for internal use and we didn’t recognize the market need for our product — we even got emails from many of our returning users asking for a desktop version and even told us they’re willing to pay for it. Thanks to them, we built MakeAppIcon desktop and released the first version this month and we really hoped that our users would love it; as well as other developers, product managers, or designers, would find it beneficial to their development, the Team quoted
How it works
The app is fairly simple to use. There are just 4 steps involved
- Download the app on your mac(windows users can use the website for now)
- Choose and Preview your icons you need to resize
- Choose your platform (iOS, Android)
- Generate icons
Although the feature is available on the website, there are additional ease of usage for the desktop app. With MakeAppIcon desktop, one can:
- Save upload time to MakeAppIcon server
- Generate Android and iOS icons in bulk
- Preview icons before exporting
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
The app is available on the MakeAppIcon website for a price of $19.99. Download now and start resizing!
Latest posts by Akash Boaz (see all)
- HR Tech & Analytics Platform, Darwinbox, Raises Capital from Multiple Funds Including Mohandas Pai’s 3one4 - July 27, 2016
- Hyderabad based NewsDistill announces the first personalized news player in the world - July 21, 2016
- Bangalore based Home rental startup Zenify raises $1mn in funding - May 11, 2016