Today, Internet has grown a thousand folds. Any information is just a click away. In just a matter of minutes, you connect to your friends, chat, check your emails, browse and maybe chat some more. That being said, do we ever wonder, how many eyes are prying upon us while we carry out these day to day activities on the internet. You never know if you are chatting with the right person, or downloading the right file for that matter.
It becomes even more serious when it comes to online businesses. These companies have to be very careful about keeping their services up and running 24X7. Imagine if you cannot access gmail for a few hours, or say Facebook for a couple of minutes! Just like you have physical security for your assets, there are online solutions to protect these website businesses as well. One such solution is BlackHound.
BlackHound is a cloud based security audit tool for Web Applications, scans your website and categorises security vulnerabilities by type and threat level. Launched recently by Wegilant, an IIT Bombay incubated company delivers IT Security consulting, education and research. The company developed a private cloud for securing websites from attacks. BlackHound is a result of its cutting edge research in cloud-based IT security. This cloud application scans all known security threats. No software installation is required as it runs on the private cloud. Finally, it gives you detailed reports that help you fix what’s broken
Some of the notable features of BlackHound are
- Detects Vulnerabilities like Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, File Inclusion & CSRF
- BlackHound works with minimal configurations, can be up and running in 5 mins
- You can schedule your website scans in advance for unto 6 months
- Generates easy to understand reports that can further be shared/archived
- Offers a 30 day free trial
Do give this tool a try and let us know what you feel about it in the comments below
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- India’s largest diagnostic and wellness service Healthians raised $3 Million in Series A funding - October 24, 2016
- Track a phone like real James Bond - October 18, 2016
- Lyreka music platform helps you to discover and share the meanings of Songs - October 6, 2016