ToGo (short of ‘Together we Go’) is the world’s 1st social carpooling mobile app which groups people traveling on same routes for the purpose of carpooling. People in a group can chat with each other or in the group to find suitable carpooling partners.They are trying to build trusted communities of people on all routes of the world, so that members can carpool to office daily, or to a tourist destination, or to airport, or to a nearby city, with like-minded people.
Their vision is to make carpooling an alternative means of transport. With rising issues such as pollution, lack of parking space, traffic congestion on roads, etc. the world needs a permanent and sustainable solution.
ToGo is solving the daily commute problem of home-office travel. Traffic congestion and pollution and two leading drivers of carpooling industry, and both of them are growing at an alarming rate! In future, we are going to more initiatives such as odd-even. In Jakarta, >10 people died in a 35 hour long traffic jam.Worldwide many startups have tried to solve the challenges of intra-city travel by organized carpooling. However none of them have succeeded. The reason: All of them have the same “send request-accept request” model wherein the lift taker has to individually send request to car owners. This is cumbersome and also makes the car owner feel like a driver – the social angle is lost.However the very interesting phenomenon that they noticed is that people are carpooling vigorously via WhatsApp groups! They form WhatsApp groups of office and residential complexes. These groups have the ingredients of trust, social connection and convenience inbuilt in them. They took a cue from this phenomenon and launched ToGo – a group chat based carpooling mobile app – A FIRST GLOBALLY! All users have to do is enter their daily route of office commute, and they will automatically join a chat group traveling on that route daily.
- ~9,000 active users in 3 months
- >200 handshakes per day
- > 400+ users in Thane-Parel group and without any marketing, 300+ users in Mumbai-Pune group
- – Best app search optimization in Play store. Search ‘carpooling’ on Play Store, ToGo will be on top.
- – Proven repeat usage
- Security – Option to travel with same gender, or with members who have verified their official email IDs
- Flexibility – Post as lift giver or lift taker at your own will
- Convenience – Co-travelers may decide pick-up and drop points amongst themselves via call/chat
- Interface Familiarity – WhatsApp group like user interface makes life easy
- Hassle Free Transaction – Exchange the fare via PayTm or cash
- All in one Car Pooling – Create both intra-city and inter-city route based groups
They have raised around 50 lakhs in seed round, and are looking to raise another round of pre-series A funding.
Download the ToGo App and the enjoy the ride sharing.
Latest posts by Geekopedia (see all)
- $5.5 Billion Invested in Indian Tech Startups in First Half of 2017 - August 17, 2017
- 5 Steps to the Growth & Popularity of Your Business - August 9, 2017
- 5 Must know Legal Aspects For A Startup In India - July 12, 2017